vendredi 1 décembre 2017

kid2 recovery, continued

Upgraded to 17.10 (with intermediate steps).
Kind of works now, except the DHCP that runs at boot doesn't seem to get the DNS name resolution right.  Using
sudo dhclient -v
seems to make it work though.  I also learned not to put eth1 in /etc/network/interfaces when using network-manager to handle it.  I might remove network-manager altogether :)

I did install backuppc and powernap (willing to try this combo for possible power savings).  The install also added apache2 and I changed backuppc's htpasswd after installation.  The postfix email config is probably very wrong.

1 commentaire:

LucM a dit…

For the networking, I uninstalled NetworkManager & Friends. Then described eth1 again in /etc/network/interfaces with static IP and DNS parameters. I used a fixed IP reserved to that host in the router's DHCP.

For backuppc, I had to make the tar program for localhost's backup run as root using the sudo hack described in the FAQ : http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/localhost.html

For powernap, it's finally running now but I don't know that it works yet. I had to disable the console monitor because of a wrong parsing of some /proc structure, and also make a change deep in the /lib code where "networking" should be used instead of "network". For the rest, log and error files are still empty so far.