lundi 18 décembre 2017

urBackup episode 3

  • Windows backup ended fine.  Other incremental backups have followed during the few times I boot this laptop under Windows 10 instead of Linux.  So far so good.  I've also tested a restore (one JPEG file), that went fine as well.
  • I need to do something to save the config of the server itself I guess.  BackupPC provided the localhost host by default to do that, but the urBackup server doesn't have a default client on the server itself apparently; will check if I can install a Linux client on the same box and make that happen.
  • The rtcwake script seems to work fine on kid2 too.  I enhanced it a bit to check for loadavg because it should not shutdown while the load average is anywhere above idle; so i don't need to do specific checks about urBackup processes and so forth
  • One day I'll have to look at the email configuration too.  That's definitely broken by default for a home network
  • The kid2 hardware looks like a good idea to start migrating to urBackup while not removing BackupPC immediately.  The only problem is I will need one more "big" hard disk before I can add any more clients to urBackup.

Aucun commentaire: