jeudi 8 octobre 2020

Umidigi A3X, my new smartphone

 Since two weeks I have received my new phone.  The previous one wasn't really broken but the side buttons (power and volume) had become flimsy and had their own life without me pushing any of them.  So it was slowly beginning to get me mad using the phone.

I looked at what was available and my requirements included RAM (> 2GB), a recent "clean" Android release, a fingerprint sensor, a good camera, a nice screen, storage expansion via microSD...

I settled on the Umidigi A3X, with 3GB RAM and all my other requirements above plus some.  Man I was happy I did.  The phone is pretty nice and works very well since I have it (two weeks of almost constant daily use).  However the battery will not last an entire day if you use it really constantly -- but what i mean is I am using it very frequently for relatively short periods of time all over the day (phone calls, e-Mail, SMS, chats, RSS feeds mainly).

I also use it for GPS functions (when hiking or mountain biking).  I use navigation apps (OSMAND) and also as GPS tracker.  I find the GPS very accurate and reliable compared to my previous phone.

I am a hobbyist photographer, so having a perfect smartphone camera wasn't really a requirement for me (I have enough good cameras already) but my phone had to have some decent camera so I can take a picture when I'm out and the camera is in the bag or at home.  Well simply said, this is the best smartphone camera that I have owned since I use smartphones (and I started in 2010).

Build quality and ergonomics seem fine to me.  The size is perfect (a tad smaller than my previous phone) and fits nicely in my shirt pocket or other small places.

So far I'm pretty happy with this purchase and I would certainly recommend it.


Aucun commentaire: