mardi 28 novembre 2017

Backuppc archives timeout problem + new archive HDD medium

So I took delivery of my new Maxtor M3 2Tb USB 3 drive yesterday.  Still the server only has USB 2 ports so I know this is going to be still slow until I can upgrade that.
However I hooked the M3 and it powered up and connected without problems.
fdisk showed a single partition (1.8Gb) formatted as HPFS/NTFS.  I moved the contents to /home/luc/Texts/Manuals or somewhere like that.  It contained some backup software and the documentation apparently.  Then I reformatted using ext4, and changed the partition type to Linux 0x83 (and removed the bootable flag).
Afterthat I used the UUID (from blkid) so add a new line to /etc/auto.removable and it just worked under autofs.  created the backuppc directory and will use that in a new backuppc archive host.
But before that I'd like to fill the iomega HDD with some recent backup archives so that I can move that out of site.  I noticed my previous attempts all failed after 20 hours exactly so after googling a bit I found out about the Client Timeout setting in Backuppc.  Changed this to 48 hours and started a new archive again, from kid3 backup.
To be continued...

1 commentaire:

LucM a dit…

Success! This solved the problem. Of course, USB3 disks connected to USB3 ports would be even better. That's coming...