vendredi 22 janvier 2016

Ooops involving backuppc

Tonight I wanted to remove postfix as I only need msmtp for sending email.  However this also accidentally removed the dependent package backuppc, including all configuration :-| as I had used "apt-get purge".

So I reinstalled backuppc (it also reinstalled postfix) and after setting up the htpasswd file then the localhost.pl file in /etc/backuppc (including the change to run tar under sudo) I was able to restore the previous /etc/backuppc/[hosts,*.pl] using backuppc itself.

I had to use "service backuppc restart" after rebooting kid2 as a test client before an incremental backup started OK.  Otherwise this looks fine.  No logs or backups seem to have been lost in the adventure.  This program is indeed more robust and foolproof than what I had thought.

I then restarted a full backup on f****-pc (I had previously given control to the backuppc user on this host to the user directory that needed backup).

If apache were also purged, the following is required on a blank Ubuntu/Apache2 install:
/etc/apache2/envvars:  run as backuppc as this is a dedicated apache2
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:    #ServerName www.example.com
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled$ sudo ln -s ../mods-available/cgi.load

Aucun commentaire: