vendredi 20 novembre 2020

Making room on /var for urbackup

Well /var/urbackup is now too small. Or rather, the / filesystem is (almost) full due to /var/log (4GB) and /var/urbackup (12GB) competing for getting a few more gigabytes from the 37GB root filesystem. It turns out I still have a Windows partition on /dev/sda2 (80GB) which isn't used anymore, never boots up, doesn't seem like it contains any valuable data... so perfect candidate for a new /var filesystem

  1. fdisk /dev/sda : change type to 83 for partition 2
  2. mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda2
  3. blkid /dev/sda2 and copy the UUID
  4. vi /etc/fstab and make a line to mount /var.  Stupid me, I had defined that line at the end of fstab, it should have been before the line for /var/backup/urbackup obviously

So after fixing this, urbackup should be able to take backups again.  But while I was there, I also opened the box and removed the failed Western Digital 2TB drive, and inserted a Seagate 2TB that I had lying around.  Looks like this is working fine now as a new /dev/sdc.  I will check it and then add it to the BTRFS later on.

 Also took note of /dev/sdd being labeled HP Enterprise 2TB.  This is the one still working fine after the WD disaster.

Aucun commentaire: