mercredi 15 juin 2016

Switching backuppc from SMB to rsyncd on Windows

SMB performance was poor so I figured I'd try the rsyncd method like I do on linux clients.  That turned out to be a little bit hairy so here are some notes;
  • This is based on https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/backuppc#sauvegarder_des_postes_windows_via_rsyncd
  • Installed cygwin-rsyncd from Sourceforge
  • Tweaked rsyncd.conf to allow access to the cDrive module from my backup host only and for the backuppc user only.  Also calling this module "Users" and pointing it to C:\Users
  • Added backuppc to rsyncd.secrets
  • Took some time to find out how to stop/start the rsyncserver service (cmd must be started as administrator for this to work)
  • Open port 873 with a new rule in Windows Firewall (or any other FW software running).
  • Tweaked my client configuration in backuppc using the GUI (use rsync, point to the correct module, etc...)
  • Now a full backup is running.  If that works I know I'll probably still need to tweak the include/exclude stuff

Aucun commentaire: